Dr. Philipp Schöfer focuses his practice on national and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and private equity matters. Dr. Schöfer also advises on general corporate matters.
Dr. Schöfer gained substantial experience in these fields of practice, especially at a magic circle law firm and an international U.S. law firm. His dissertation is also related to corporate law.
- Bregal Partners and TDBBS, a premium natural dog chews and treats company and portfolio company of Bregal Partners, on its sale of TDBBS to Central Garden & Pet, a recognized leader in the pet and garden industry.
- JTL-Software-GmbH, a leading ERP software provider specializing in e-commerce enablement solutions, on the investment from Hg.
- Oliver Healthcare Packaging, a leading supplier of sterile barrier flexible packaging solutions for the global healthcare market, on the successful acquisition of EK-Pack Folien GmbH, a manufacturer of high-quality film and foil technology.
- Maguar Capital on the GP-led sale of HRworks, a HCM software provider offering integrated SaaS solutions, to Maguar Continuation Fund I.
- IntegrityNext and its shareholders on the €100 million investment of EQT Growth.
- Chiesi Farmaceutici in connection with its proposed US$1.48 billion acquisition of Amryt Pharma PLC by way of Scheme of Arrangement.
- Friedemann Findeis and Klaus Rader as the sole shareholders of FR L'Osteria SE, a leading German and Austrian restaurant brand, on the sale of a majority stake to McWin. The transaction values L’Osteria at approximately USD 430 million.
- Ambienta on the sale of SF-Filter to funds advised by Equistone Partners.
- Artus group, a portfolio company of Castik Capital, on the acquisition of Hestia.
- Castik Capital on its acquisition of Artus group.
- Special Situations Venture Partners III (SSVP III) on its sale of nox NachtExpress to Groupe Sterne, a portfolio company of Tikehau Capital.
- University of Augsburg, First German Law Degree/Erstes Staatsexamen, 2016
- University of Augsburg, Ph.D. in Law (Dr. jur.), 2020
- Higher Regional Court Munich, Second German Law Degree/Zweites Staatsexamen, 2021