David S. Weinraub litigates complex mass torts, product liability, environmental toxic torts and insurance coverage disputes on behalf of clients from the chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer product, building materials and insurance industries.
Mr. Weinraub has extensive experience litigating cases at both the trial and appellate levels throughout the United States, including taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions, drafting and arguing motions and appeals, preparing trial witnesses and advising trial teams.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Weinraub was of counsel at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan.
- Firefighting foam manufacturers in product liability actions brought by individual, municipal, and putative class plaintiffs seeking monetary and injunctive relief for alleged exposure to perfluorinated compounds.
- A building materials manufacturer in multi-district litigation by consumers seeking monetary relief for allegedly defective wood-polymer composite decking products.
- A major pharmaceutical manufacturer in multi-district personal injury and consumer fraud litigations involving blockbuster drugs.
- A flavor and fragrance manufacturer in product liability litigation by workers alleging that occupational exposure to flavoring agents caused personal injuries.
- A leading automobile insurer in a landmark Supreme Court case regarding the constitutional limits on punitive damages awards.
- A leading property insurer in coverage litigation regarding the applicability of homeowner’s insurance policies to hurricane-related flood damage.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Colorado College, B.A., 1994
- University of Colorado at Boulder, J.D., 1998
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York