- Representing individuals in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe in connection with their designations under the Global Magnitsky sanctions program.
- Representing multiple Chinese companies in connection with their designation on the Commerce Department’s Entity List.
- Representing multiple foreign investors, including an Asian sovereign wealth fund, before the CFIUS in connection with multiple investments in U.S. companies.
- Conducted an anti-bribery investigation in Southeast Asia on behalf of a publicly-traded industrial company.
- Conducted an export compliance investigation in China for a publicly-traded high technology company.
- Conducted an anti-bribery investigation in Brazil on behalf of a publicly-traded medical device company.
- Conducted an internal investigation and negotiated resolution with multiple U.S. government agencies (OFAC and BIS) of violations of export controls and economic sanctions by two major Middle Eastern airlines.
- Negotiated a penalty settlement regarding violations of defense-related export controls with the State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) on behalf of a publicly-traded high technology company.
- Represented multiple senior officials of a Russian telecommunications company in connection with a U.S. Government investigation of violations of U.S. anti-bribery laws.
- Represented multiple senior officials of a major European bank in connection with a U.S. Government investigation of violations of U.S. economic sanctions.
- Represented companies and individuals in connection with investigations and suspension and debarment matters before the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the World Bank.
- Provided compliance advice and training to the Asian operations of a major oil and gas company.
- Conducted an anti-corruption risk assessment and internal investigation for a major global pharmaceutical company with respect to operations in China and Russia.
- Performed an export compliance audit for a subsidiary of a major U.S. defense company.
- Advising multiple financial services companies regarding compliance with applicable economic sanctions laws.
- Advising various multinationals with respect to sufficiency of compliance policies and procedures and suggested improvements reflecting risk assessments and global best practices.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
Since 2013. Mr. Zucker has received the "High Honors" award annually from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in recognition of providing 100 hours or more of pro bono service each year. In particular, in connection with his work with Freedom Now over two decades, Jeremy helps to identify and secure the release of prisoners of conscience around the world.
- "Department of Justice Revises Policy on Voluntary Self-Disclosures of Sanctions and Export Violations," ABA Criminal Justice Section’s The State of Criminal Justice 2020 (July 2020).
- CFIUS Priorities Now and into the Future — ACI’s 9th National Conference on CFIUS (April 13-14, 2023)
- Easing the Newest Concerns of the Board: What Needs to be Addressed Moving Forward — ACI’s 39th International Conference on the FCPA Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (November 30-December 1, 2022)
- U.S. Economic Sanctions Enforcement and Compliance — ACI's 14th Annual Conference (April 28-29, 2021)
- How CFIUS' Expanded Jurisdiction Over Sensitive Data is Affecting Deal Reviews, Deal Flows and Mitigation Approaches — ACI's 7th National Conference on CFIUS (April 20-21, 2021)
- U.S.-China Trade Controls — ACI's 3rd Virtual Conference (September 20, 2021)
- US & International Anti-Bribery Law & Compliance Practice — The Washington College of Law, Summer Program (June 1-5, 2020)
- CFIUS’s New Reach over Real Estate Transactions — ACI 6th National Conference on CFIUS (July 15-16, 2020)
- How to Forge Synergies Across Your Sanctions, Export, FCPA & AML Programs — ACI 10th Annual New York Forum on Economic Sanctions (December 10-11, 2019)
- Decision-Makers Discuss How They Are Making the Toughest, Most Urgent Compliance Calls — ACI Annual Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, National Harbor, MD (November 29, 2018)
- Hedge Funds Nuts & Bolts: National Security Reviews of Foreign Investment in the United States — Washington D.C. (September 12, 2018)
- Investing Abroad – How to Address US Reviews of Foreign Investments and US Sanctions — Beijing, China (August 2, 2018)
- Current Developments Affecting the Fund Industry — San Antonio, TX (March 20, 2018)
- FCPA Sanctions, AML and Export Controls — ACI Annual Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, National Harbor, MD (November 30, 2017)
- "What Would You Do If...” How to Resolve the Most Complex Sanctions Compliance Scenarios — ACI 3rd Annual Canadian Forum on Economic Sanctions, Toronto, ON (October 25, 2017)
- OFAC 2.0: A Deep Dive into the Principal Programs, Their Administration, Key Updates for the Trump Era — ACI 3rd Annual Canadian Forum on Economic Sanctions, Toronto, ON (October 23, 2017)
- Moot Court on the 50% Rule and How to Interpret Ownership and Control —Advanced Forum on Economic Sanctions Enforcement and Compliance, Washington, D.C. (April 24, 2017)
- President Trump's Potential Impact on Business — ACC GNY Signature CLE Program, New York, NY (March 21, 2017)
- FCPA Compliance Program Lab, 33rd International Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act — American Conference Institute, Washington, DC (November 29, 2016)
- The Economic Sanctions Year in Review — Economic Sanctions Enforcement and Compliance Conference, American Conference Institute, Washington, D.C. (April 27, 2016)
- International Economic Sanctions: Recent Developments and Compliance Challenges — A CLE program sponsored by Dechert and The Philadelphia Young Lawyers Division of the ABA White Collar Crime Committee, Philadelphia, PA (March 11, 2015)
- Industry Perspectives on the Evolving AML, Sanctions, and FCPA Regulatory and Enforcement Paradigms Governing Insurance and Reinsurance Companies — American Conference Institute's 5th Annual Forum on AML and OFAC Compliance for the Insurance Industry, New York, NY (January 20, 2015)
- U.S. Regulatory Developments: Lessons Learned and Implications for European Fund and Asset Managers — EFAMA Investment Management Forum, Brussels (November 5, 2014)
- What Will It Take for Companies to Succeed in the BRICS and What Reforms Are Needed to Bring Renewed Growth — The 2nd Annual “Doing Business with the BRICS” Conference, Washington, D.C. (May 13, 2014)
- An Analysis of Trade Development in Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa – Corruption and Trade Development — “Doing Business with the BRICS” Conference, Washington, DC (May 20, 2013)
- Legal Forum: Compliance with Anti-Corruption Laws and Economic Sanctions — Investment Company Institute General Membership Meeting, Washington, D.C. (May 1, 2013)
- Yale University, B.A.
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, M.P.P.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- District of Columbia
- New York