Lindsay N. Zanello
Lindsay N. Zanello focuses her practice on product liability, mass torts and litigation in complex matters. She has represented major pharmaceutical companies and product manufacturers in products liability litigation in state and federal court, including federal multidistrict litigations (MDLs). She has also represented insurance companies in insurance coverage litigation. Ms. Zanello has experience with many aspects of litigation, including fact and expert witness development and discovery, motion practice, legal analysis, and trial preparation.
In her pro bono practice, Mr. Zanello has worked in partnership with the Innocence Project, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and Freedom Network USA.
Ms. Zanello is an active member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI). She is currently the Vice Chair for the Building Products Specialized Litigation Group, and previously served in other positions for both the Young Lawyers Steering Committee and the Building Products Specialized Litigation Group.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Zanello was an associate at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan. She also previously worked as a Senior Court Attorney/Law Clerk at the New York State Court of Appeals in the Central Legal Research Staff and for the Honorable Rowan D. Wilson during his transition to the bench. Ms. Zanello has also held various legal positions in the United States Attorney’s Office in Albany, New York.
- A manufacturing company in product liability litigation involving allegations that a product sold to the military is related to hearing loss suffered by servicemen and women.
- Purdue as national counsel in lawsuits in a federal MDL and in state courts across the country concerning its prescription opioid pain medications, including OxyContin.
- Pfizer as national coordinating counsel in state court, where thousands of plaintiffs alleged that a cholesterol-lowering medication caused them to develop Type 2 diabetes. Dechert’s Sargon strategy led to exclusion of plaintiffs’ experts on general causation grounds in California Superior Court after the product was spun off from Pfizer to Viatris.
- GlaxoSmithKline as lead national counsel in an ongoing MDL in the Southern District of Florida and state courts concerning Zantac, an antacid medication.
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries as national lead counsel in its COVID-19 business interruption coverage litigation.
- The Future of Trial Practice in Pharmaceutical Drug and Device Litigation – American Bar Association (June 2022)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Vice Chair - Building Products Specialized Litigation Group
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Marketing Chair - Building Products Specialized Litigation Group (2020-2021)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Young Lawyers Steering Committee – Vice Chair, Publications Subcommittee (2020-2021)
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
New YorkThree Bryant Park, 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States of America 10036-6797
- +1 212 698 3867
+1 212 698 3599
- Boston College, B.A., 2005
- Boston University, M.A., Criminal Justice, 2009
- Albany Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, Managing Editor of the Albany Law Review
- New York