Scott M. Zimmerman, co-head of the firm’s global leveraged finance practice, has over 30 years of experience advising his clients on hundreds of finance transactions. Mr . Zimmerman represents public and private companies, private equity firms, alternative capital providers, and other commercial and institutional providers of senior debt and mezzanine capital on a broad range of financing transactions, including public and private equity and debt offerings, secured lending, recapitalizations, and restructurings.
As a result of these diverse representations, he sees a wide range of transactions and is relied upon for his commercial knowledge of market terms and conditions. His lender clients include business development companies, such as Prospect Capital Corporation and Alcentra Capital Corporation, mezzanine debt funds, including Norwest Mezzanine Partners and GarMark Partners, and financial institutions, such as Prudential Insurance Company of America. In addition, he represents leading private equity firms, such as affiliates of Bregal Partners, Court Square Capital Partners, BRS, Centre Partners, First Atlantic Partners, One Equity Partners, Ridgemont Equity Partners, Sterling Investment Partners, Tengram Capital Partners and their portfolio companies, in acquisition financings and recapitalization transactions. He also has represented numerous strategics across a variety of industry sectors in domestic and cross-border transactions, including, most recently, BioScrip Inc., Differential Brands Group, Iconix Inc. and H&E Equipment.
Mr. Zimmerman is listed as a recommended lawyer for commercial lending in The Legal 500 (U.S.), which noted in a previous edition that he “clearly know(s) leveraged finance inside out” and “has the ability to handle complex, syndicated transactions in a diplomatic fashion.”
- Structuring Term Loan B Transactions: Combining High Yield Financing With Conventional Bank Loans — Strafford, New York, NY (March 27, 2018)
- Syndication Process: A Buyer's Perspective, Practising Law Institute (March 8, 2018)
- BDCs As Creditors of Distressed Companies: What You Need to Know — Dechert LLP & Houlihan Lokey, New York, NY (September 09, 2015)
- Who's Lending? The State of Today's Middle Credit Markets — Chicago Private Equity Network (CPEN), New York, NY (April 21, 2010)
- Credit Bidding: Strategic Considerations When Participating in Distressed Sales — Dechert LLP, New York, NY (February 23, 2010)
- University at Albany, State University of New York, B.A., 1981, cum laude
- University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., 1984
- New York