Delivering results for funds in Asia Pacific and beyond
Leading financial services companies — from banks to broker-dealers, from investment managers to insurance companies — rely on Dechert’s investment fund lawyers in Asia to achieve their goals within the region and beyond. Our clients in Asia include both U.S. and European financial services companies of global breadth, as well as Asian financial services companies of all sizes.
Dechert’s offices in Hong Kong and Singapore are staffed by an interdisciplinary team that comprises U.S.-qualified, U.K.-qualified and locally-qualified lawyers. This multicultural, multilingual team helps clients expand their businesses by maintaining a network of relationships with regulatory authorities throughout Asia.
Our lawyers in Asia assist clients with:
- Private equity, venture capital, hedge and retail fund formation.
- Formation of debt (credit) funds, and real estate and infrastructure funds.
- Execution of private equity secondaries transactions.
- Fund management joint ventures and management team spin outs.
- Corporate and regulatory guidance for Hong Kong, People’s Republic of China (PRC), EU and U.S. financial services companies.
- Hong Kong, EU and U.S. fund authorization and registration guidance.
- Hong Kong, PRC, U.S. and EU intermediary licensing and registration, and related regulatory guidance; corporate structuring and formation
- Advice regarding the Hong Kong Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme.
- Guidance on compliance and internal controls.
- Coordination of regional corporate, regulatory and financial services assistance.
Dechert often works on highly sophisticated, cross-border investment fund projects, across hedge, private equity, real estate, registered and other fund types. This work often involves very large funds, and often reflects – or paves the way for – key market developments.
A top-ranked funds practice in the Asia Pacific
Our Asia Investment Funds team has been recognized for excellence by a number of leading publications. Legal 500 Asia Pacific in 2017 ranked us as a leading law firm for both Investment Funds and Regulatory in Hong Kong, and gave us a Band 1 ranking for Investment Funds in Singapore, as well.
For its part, Chambers Asia Pacific in 2017 ranked us in the top tier for Investment Funds: Hedge Funds in Asia-Pacific. They also named us as a leading firm: for Investment Funds: Private Equity and Registered Funds in Asia-Pacific; for Hedge Funds and Registered Funds in China; and for Investment Funds: International in Singapore.
Dechert in 2017 also was shortlisted as “Law Firm of the Year in Asia (Fund Formation)” by Private Equity International (PEI), the world’s most prominent private equity journal. We are one of only two law firms to have been nominated for this award for the past three consecutive years, and the only firm to have been nominated by Private Equity International for both Law Firm of the Year in Asia (Fund Formation) and Law Firm of the Year in Asia (Secondaries).