Dechert Advises ArchiMed in its Acquisition of CARSO
Dechert advised ArchiMed, a leading investment firm exclusively dedicated to the healthcare sector, in connection with the purchase of a majority stake in CARSO, a French leader in analytical services— focusing on the water, healthcare, environmental, food, hygiene and pharmaceutical industries, through its €1 billion MED Platform I fund.
Over the next five years, CARSO and ArchiMed together with their financial partners Capza (largest minority shareholder) and Siparex (an existing shareholder which reinvested in the transaction) aim to double the group’s current annual revenues of more than €200 million.
CARSO's founder and CEO, Bruno Schnepp, has also reinvested in the transaction and will retain a non-operational role on the group's supervisory board.
The debt financing was provided by Tikehau Capital and CARSO's investment banks (Crédit du Nord, Arkea, Banque Populaire, LCL and Crédit Agricole).
Dechert’s multidisciplinary team, led by partner Alain Decombe, included:
- Corporate / M&A: national partner Delphin Boucher, and associates Vianney Toulouse and Léa Kemayou,
- Tax structuring: partner Sabina Comis, and associates Etienne Bimbeau and Pierre-Emmanuel Floc'h,
- Financing: partner Privat Vigand, and associates Pauline Keller and Alessia Longo,
- Antitrust: partner Mélanie Thill-Tayara, and national partner Marion Provost, and
- Regulatory: national partner Sophie Pelé.
Dechert is a leading global law firm with 22 offices around the world. We advise on matters and transactions of the greatest complexity, bringing energy, creativity and efficient management of legal issues to deliver commercial and practical advice for clients.