- Advising the offshore holding company of a Ukrainian business group in a successful US$200 million claim in the English Court against a Russian individual and a company controlled by him - Avonwick Holdings Limited v Webinvest Limited and Another.
- Advising VTB in relation to a US$2 billion dispute involving litigation freezing orders, and insolvency proceedings in the UK, Cayman and Mauritius.Advising a Russian businessman in a dispute over ownership of assets worth in excess of EUR200 million, involving litigation and freezing orders in the BVI, Cyprus and Russia and related arbitration proceedings.
- Advising the Government of Middle Eastern Sovereign State Entity in relation to various multi-jurisdictional disputes in England, the UAE, Georgia, Panama and India.
- Acting for Smithton Limited (formerly Hobart Capital Markets Limited) in relation to a claim (and subsequent appeal) against the Chairman of its former parent company for alleged breaches of his duty as de facto director of our client, misrepresentation and arranging for the acquisition of a substantial non-cash asset from our client without shareholder approval in breach of s190 of the Companies Act 2006. Smithton Limited v Guy Naggar  EWCA Civ 939.
- Advising an AIM listed company on its dispute with various African companies over unpaid monies and damaged airplanes. This involved working with African counsel to formulate strategies to bring claims against the various African companies and to defend against vexatious claim brought against our client in Africa.
- Advising a client in relation to an Order for Examination made against him pursuant to a letter of request from the plaintiffs in a Bernie Madoff-related class action lawsuit in the United States. Advising the same client in relation to a request from Swiss prosecutors requesting he give evidence in related criminal proceedings in Switzerland.
- Acting for an asset manager in relation to claims brought against it by the Winding Up Committee of Kaupthing hf. and successfully negotiating a settlement agreement in respect of all possible claims.
- Acting for a sovereign wealth fund in a long running investor state arbitration against the Government of India relating to the appropriation of bauxite mining licenses.
- Acting for a Cypriot bank in an ICC arbitration in a dispute relating to share purchase dispute with a Greek Bank.
- Acting for a Russian oligarch in an ad hoc arbitration under the BVI Arbitration Act against an offshore company in a dispute relating to the ownership of shares and shareholder rights.
- Acting for a development bank in an ad hoc arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules against various Kazakh energy companies in a dispute relating loans given to develop a marine base in the Black Sea.
- Acting for a major AIM listed China based gas exploration company in relation to setting aside an ex-parte worldwide freezing injunction made against them in aid of an arbitration award rendered against them in an arbitration under the SIAC rules. The matter involved successfully setting aside the worldwide freezing injunction and resisting the enforcement of the award. Conocophillips China Inc v Greka Energy (International) BV & Ors  EWHC 2733 (Comm).
- Acting for a US oil rig provider in a LCIA arbitration in relation to its debt claim against Turkish oil company. This matter involved acting and representing the client in all matters from the start of the arbitration including successfully acting for it at the arbitral hearing.
- Advising the winding up committee of a middle eastern national airline in relation to its obligations under its data contracts with its suppliers and negotiating settlement agreements with its suppliers in order to avoid potential arbitration.
- Advising a Mexican oil producer on possible arbitration strategies under the LMAA rules. This involved a potential economic duress claim against a Chinese oil tanker builder.
- Acting as the secretary to the Tribunal on two SIAC arbitration relating to unpaid demurrage.
Insolvency Litigation and Restructuring
- Acting for Trustees in Bankruptcy in relation to multi jurisdiction investigations and asset recovery actions, including in: the UK, France, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Latvia, Malta, Switzerland, Russia, the BVI and St Vincent and Grenadine.
- Advising liquidators of an offshore company and others in relation to a claim in the English Court for unlawful means conspiracy as well as claw back actions under the Insolvency Act against two Russian business men and companies controlled by them relating to the diversion of assets of US$300 million. The claim has involved ancillary attachment proceedings in the Netherlands.
- Advising a creditor of Indah Kiat International Finance Company B.V. in challenging a scheme of arrangement before the English High Court.
- Acting for the judicial manager of one of the biggest insolvencies in the Caribbean in relation to various litigations and asset recovery actions in Florida, Trinidad and Tobago and Dominica
- Acting for joint trustees in bankruptcy of a prominent bankrupt in the UK in relation to various litigation in the English High Courts.
- Acting for a Gibraltar insurer facing solvency issues and helping it to commute its reinsurance contracts and increase its solvency.
White Collar Investigations and Sanctions
- Advising a major international logistics company in relation to potential bribery allegations. This involved working with the investigations team to carry out investigations in three jurisdictions and negotiating and drafting a settlement agreement with its client, a major oil company, in light of alleged breaches of anti-bribery clauses within the contracts between the parties.
- Advising the former CEO of a multi-national bank in relation to allegations by the SFO of discrepancies to the bank’s previous capital raisings exercises.
- Acting for a major trader of an international bank in relation to the FOREX scandal.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University of Bristol College of Law, LL.B. (Hons), 2007
- University of Bristol College of Law, LL.M., 2008
- England and Wales