Katie Carter focuses her practice on UK and EU financial services regulation, including compliance with AIFMD, the Cross-border Distribution Directive, MiFID II, UCITS, the UK Financial Services and Markets Act and the impact of Brexit on UK firms wishing to access the EU markets on an ongoing basis.
Ms. Carter has significant experience in advising financial services firms (banks, investment managers, fund managers) on the complex layers of regulation and commercial issues which are relevant to the global distribution of financial products and services.
Ms. Carter is a member of Dechert's European ESG working group, sits on industry working groups on this topic and advises numerous asset managers on compliance with the EU's Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation and Taxonomy Regulation.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Carter was an associate at another international law firm.
- ESG Developments in the EU and U.S.: Impact on U.S. Asset Managers – Dechert LLP, Boston (September 22, 2022)
- ESG Developments in the EU and U.S.: Impact on U.S. Asset Managers – Dechert LLP, New York (September 20, 2022)
- The EU’s Directive and Regulation on the Cross-Border Distribution of Investment Funds - What Asset Managers Need to Know for 2 August - Webinar (July 2021)
- EU ESG Regulatory Developments - SFDR Phase 2: Implementation of the RTS - Webinar (May 2021)
- What’s Happening in Financial Services Regulation: A UK-Focused Talk for Asset Managers - Webinar (April 2021)
- University of Southampton, LL.B., 2002, 2:1
- College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course, 2003
- London Metropolitan University, M.Sc., Information and Knowledge Management, 2009, Merit
- England and Wales