Our global team of lawyers assists clients by:
- Managing the application process with the Central Bank, CSSF and other regulators around the globe (e.g., SFC in Hong Kong, FINMA in Switzerland, CCR in Chile, MAS in Singapore, CSRC in China, FSA in Japan and SFB in Taiwan).
- Obtaining listings on stock exchanges worldwide, including the London Stock Exchange, Luxembourg Stock Exchange, Irish Stock Exchange, Deutsche Boerse, and exchanges in Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Japan.
- Accessing a database of third-party distribution contracts, referral agreements and placement agreements for the past 20 years to allow clients to achieve most favored terms in contract negotiation.
- Providing “best practice” distribution intelligence and periodic review and updating of form agreements.
- Offering concise, practical guidance on the operation of global websites and ensuring compliance with individual country-by-country micro-sites for both institutional and retail use.
- Providing a global resource for review of marketing materials, including fund facts sheet, pitch books and market commentary.
- Engaging, if necessary, a Dechert team that focuses on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and anti-bribery related matters, privacy and anti-money laundering issues.
- Offering out-sourced, know-your-distributor oversight services, including the use of World Check and Vision net.
Dechert helps clients to structure and coordinate global distribution of funds by assisting with third-party distribution agreements –involving broker-dealers, banks, platforms and the non-resident alien (NRA) market –as well as anti-money laundering issues and structuring global websites to be compliant across various jurisdictions. Our team provides help in complying with U.S. registration requirements and local laws, as well guiding clients who use licensed broker-dealers or licensed representatives for distribution. We also counsel on tax and suitability matters.
Dechert’s World Compass is a web-based subscription service that offers investment firms 24/7 access to concise global marketing and distribution guidance in approximately 100 jurisdictions worldwide as well as beneficial ownership reporting requirements in key jurisdictions. This marketing compliance resource provides up-to-date and user-friendly information on marketing UCITS, AIFs and managed accounts. World Compass is updated in real time and provides high quality information which is actively reviewed and updated by a dedicated internal team of paralegals and lawyers (including local counsel).
Our team of lawyers and paralegals helps clients coordinate the qualification of newly established and existing funds for public offer and sale with the aid of World Passport – our UCITS and AIF registration, marketing and compliance system. World Passport assists clients with ongoing UCITS and AIF registration and reporting obligations in all key jurisdictions of distribution, allowing them to minimize the risks of regulatory exposure. Whether a client is seeking to gain market entry, ensure compliance with local regulation or get advice on global marketing requirements, World Passport provides the tools to distribute funds on a cross-border basis, through passporting, registration or private placement, and to comply efficiently with regulations in targeted jurisdictions.