Matthew B. Ginsburg is a partner in Dechert’s global finance practice and is based in the firm’s Philadelphia office. Mr. Ginsburg focuses his practice in commercial real estate finance and investment with concentrations in the origination, acquisition, syndication and disposition of mortgage loans, mezzanine financings and subordinate debt and joint venture and preferred equity investments. In addition, Mr. Ginsburg has experience in post-closing modifications, restructuring and workout of complex distressed-debt structures. He has represented a number of investment banks, life insurance companies, commercial banks, institutional investors, loan servicers and private equity funds.
Mr. Ginsburg is recognized for real estate by The Legal 500 (U.S.). Mr. Ginsburg was recognized as a Rising Star for real estate law by Euromoney/Legal Media Group in its Expert Guides series (2018 edition).
Mr. Ginsburg is a contributor to Dechert’s finance and real estate blog, Crunched Credit.
- Muhlenberg College, B.A., 2001, summa cum laude
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, and Managing Editor of Production for the Villanova Law Review
- New Jersey
- CRE Finance Council (CREFC)
- Mortgage Bankers’ Association
- Componentizing the Securitized Asset - Practising Law Institute Webinar (February 5, 2018)
- What You Need to Know About Mezzanine Loan Foreclosures — PBI's 21st Annual Real Estate Institute (December 7, 2017)
Speaker, “What You Need to Know About Mezzanine Loan Foreclosures” program.
- Follow the Money! Negotiating Cash Management Waterfalls and Reserves in Complex Real Estate Finance Transactions — PBI's 18th Annual Real Estate Institute, Philadelphia, PA (December 4, 2014)
Speaker, "Follow the Money! Negotiating Cash Management Waterfalls and Reserves in Complex Real Estate Finance Transactions" panel highlighted the following: Cash Management in the Current Marketl; Types of Lockbox and Cash Management Structures; Reserve Funds: Types and Purposes; and Mezzanine Loan Considerations.
- Commercial Real Estate Mezzanine Lending:Current Structural Features, Loan Document Concepts and Intercreditor Issues — PBI's 17th Annual Real Estate Institute, Philadelphia, PA (December 5, 2013)
- CMBS 2.0 Commercial Real Estate Loans in 2012: Issues, Trends & Observations — PBI's 16th Annual Real Estate Institute, Philadelphia, PA (December 4, 2012)