- A UK trade association for a major manufacturing sector on analysing the impact of the main potential Brexit models, on practical actions to mitigate these risks and on strategies for engagement with UK and EU policy makers, including drafting detailed treaty text to demonstrate to the negotiators how to protect the sector’s interests in practical terms.
- A UK car manufacturer on a methodology to compile robust details on the originating status of its products, to inform decisions on their supply chain and approach to export markets.
- A global pharmaceutical company on analysis of the potential impacts of Brexit on all aspects of their European business and practical steps for mitigate these including customs, finance and tax, tariffs, export licensing, regulatory requirements (e.g. product certification), intellectual property rights, workforce, contractual provisions and continuity of data flows.
- A major U.S. telecommunications equipment business, a German engineering company, a Japanese multinational electronics company and a range of other manufacturing and service companies in sectors including pharmaceutical, specialty chemical, medical technology, automotive, commercial and emergency vehicle, pet food, life sciences, energy, general industrial and natural resources, in similar advisory matters.
Export Controls and Sanctions
- A US technology firm on export control and sanctions compliance issues related to its acquisition of a number of UK businesses, and designing improved procedures.
- A UK University’s sanctions and export control procedures and recommending practical improvements in the challenging arena of transfers of technology.
- A UK oil company on the sanctions-related aspects of purchasing shares of companies with interests in Syria, including engaging with the UK regulatory authorities.
- Oil projects in Russia on UK Open Individual Technical Assistance Licences.
- Multinational banks on the sanctions aspects of transactions related to Russia.
- A US information security company in applying for a UK Open Individual Export Licence.
- A global supplier of IT security equipment on an export controls and sanctions compliance audit and drafting strengthened procedures.
- A US life sciences firm on a voluntary disclosure to the UK authorities on export control breaches and on licensing issues related to the transfer of manufacturing from the UK to Asia.
- A major agri-products exporter to the EU on the drafting of a new EU Regulation, co-ordinated with a wide range of stakeholders. As a result, the Commission’s proposals were amended and the final Regulation met the client’s objectives.
- A Middle Eastern company in drafting a comprehensive Compliance and Ethics policy and procedures for re-instatement as a UN supplier following debarment for allegations of corruption.
- A UK chemicals company on responding to proposals by the EU to restrict their product, engaging with decision-makers to set out the scientific and legal arguments.
- A range of UK and multinational companies on compliance with the UK Modern Slavery Act, providing training and drafting policies, and Annual Statements for publication.
- University of Cambridge, M.A. (Hons), History, 1980