Mergers and Acquisitions
- SK Holdings Co., Ltd. in its US$300 million investment in Chindata Group Holdings Limited, a data center operator.
- Fortune Group Holdings Limited, wholly owned by Chatchaval Jiaravanon, on the purchase of FORTUNE media brand for US$150 million from Meredith Corporation Limited.
- Shanghai Shenda, a leading publicly listed state-owned enterprise in Shanghai, on its acquisition of 70% interest in IAC’s soft trim and acoustics business and formation of a global joint venture upon the acquisition to supply soft trim and acoustics products to automotive original equipment manufacturers globally.
- Shareholders of Join Me Group, a large B2B procurement platform for the food service industry in China, in the sale of 100% of equity interests of Join Me Group to Wowo Limited, a NASDAQ-listed e-commerce platform focusing on local entertainment and lifestyle services.
- OCI Enterprises Inc., the North American subsidiary of OCI Company Ltd. of Seoul, Korea, in the US$430 million sale of a controlling stake of OCI Resources LP, a NYSE-listed master limited partnership, to Ciner Enterprises Inc.
- PPR S.A., one of the world’s largest luxury groups, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Qeelin Ltd, a Hong Kong-based fine-jewellery maker and distributor.
- MBK Partners L.P., an Asia-based buyout firm, on its proposed $2.4 billion sale of China Network Systems, a major cable systems operator in Taiwan.
- One Equity Partners, a global private equity firm, in the US$69.6 million purchase by its wholly-owned affiliate, OEP CHME Holdings, LLC, of a controlling stake in China Medicine Corporation, a China-based Nevada company quoted on OTC Bulletin Board.
- OCI Company, a leading South Korean chemical company, on its establishment of a joint venture company to supply dual axis trackers to municipally owned electricity utility CPS Energy and OCI’s 400MW project in San Antonio, Texas.
- Genting Group, on its approximately US$69 million acquisition of three power plants in China, including Meizhou Wan power station in Fujian province, China.
- Nexolon America LLC, the leading solution provider in the solar energy industry, on the first phase of a planned 200 MW turnkey project for its advanced diffusion and PECVD equipment to be used in Nexolon USA's facility located in San Antonio, Texas.
- A Japanese real estate management company on its financings from a U.S. based private equity fund led by Peter Thiel.
- A leading Australian investment bank on its proposed acquisition of an investment bank in Fujian province, China.
- France’s largest power company on its proposed investment into a nuclear power plant in southern China.
- Terex, a leading U.S. worldwide manufacturer of lifting and material handling machineries, on its acquisition of two formerly state-owned excavator factories in southern China.
- Mitsui Group, on its investment in a high-speed steel manufacturing company in China.
- A Fortune 500 company on its acquisition of minority interest in a medical device distribution company in China.
Private Equity/ Venture Capital
- One of the world’s largest financial services groups, on its investment of convertible preference securities in an Indian publicly listed jewelry retailer.
- Giosis Pte. Ltd., the operator of Pan-Asian e-commerce platform Qoo10, on its fund raising of US$82 million from SGX-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd., eBay, Saban Capital Group, UVM 2 Venture Investments LP, Brookside Capital and Oak Investment Partners.
- One of the world’s leading healthcare product manufacturers, on its Series A preferred shares investment in a Chinese bio-technology research and development laboratory.
- One of the world’s largest financial services groups, on its participation in a US$700 million preferred shares offering by a Chinese group-discount company.
- One of China’s major investment companies in China, on its preferred shares investment in a Chinese healthcare service group.
- The private equity arm of a leading US investment bank, on its preferred shares investment in Huang Ji Huang, a Chinese restaurant franchise operator.
- SK Innovation Co., Ltd. on its acquisition of preferred shares and warrants and special rights in a research and development company located in the U.S.
- Orchid Asia Group Management Limited, an Asia-based private equity fund, on its investments in PRC manufacturers of power equipment, machinery products and precision machinery tools.
- A U.S. based venture fund, on its Series A preferred shares investment in an Internet broadcasting company.
- A U.S. based venture fund and a Singapore based venture fund, in their Series B preferred shares venture capital investment in an Internet broadcasting company in China.
- A U.S. based venture fund, on its Series B preferred shares venture capital investment in an e-commerce company in China.
Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
- Guotai Junan Capital Limited and other underwriters on the HK$1.93 billion global offering, initial public offering and listing of China Risun Group Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Billion Industrial Holdings Limited, the largest polyester filament manufacturer in southern China, on its initial public offering on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with an international placement under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Youyuan International Holdings Limited, one of the largest tissue paper manufacturers in southern China, on its initial public offering on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with an international placement under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Shengli Oil & Gas Pipe Limited, one of the largest oil and gas line pipe manufacturers in China, on its initial public offering on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with an international placement under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Comtec Solar Systems Group Limited, a China-based manufacturer of high-quality monocrystalline solar ingots and wafers, on its initial public offering on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with an international placement under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- 361 Degrees International Limited, a Chinese sportswear maker and distributor, on its initial public offering on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with an international placement under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
Cross-border Disputes and Restructuring
- A Chinese private company in its CIETAC arbitration arising from a joint venture contract against its Sino-foreign joint venture partner, a Fortune 500 company.
- A Sino-foreign joint venture in its CIETAC arbitration in connection with a contract dispute against its operation and maintenance service provider.
- An international financial institution and its shareholders in its dispute in connection with the equity interest of a jointly controlled company in Hong Kong, involving the court proceeding in the Hong Kong High Court, application of injunction and the subsequent settlement.
- A Hong Kong private equity fund in its HKIAC arbitration arising from a derivatives contract against its financial service provider.
- A family office in relation to the breach of a trust agreement by its trustee, involving the recovery proceeding in the Hong Kong High Court, injunctive measures and settlement.
- An Italian company in its HKIAC arbitration arising from a drug distribution contract against a Chinese pharmaceutical company.
- A Hong Kong listed company in resolving the dispute between its subsidiary and an overseas medical product supplier.
- An international medical group in its arbitration, negotiation and settlement arising from its distribution contract in China.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
Panelist - Restructurings in China — Distressed Opportunities, J.P. Morgan 13th Annual Global Emerging Markets Corporate Conference – Miami (March 8, 2022)
Compliance Requirements for Chinese Companies in Overseas Markets and the Development Trends, China Federation of Industrial Economics – Shenzhen (December 26, 2021)
Arbitrator, Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration (also known as South China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission)
- China Foreign Affairs University, LL.B., International Law, 2004
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Corporate Law, 2008
- New York
- China (non-practicing)