Mergermarket Recognizes Dechert as a Top Private Equity Legal Advisor
Dechert LLP has been recognized among the top law firms for Private Equity deals by Mergermarket. With a bevy of headline-grabbing deals and the expansion of the global private equity practice, the firm had a strong showing in the “Global & Regional League Tables 1H21 – Legal Advisors” report, ranking #3 for U.S. Buyouts and #7 for Global Buyouts by deal value.
These recognitions come after Dechert has worked on some of the private equity industry’s top transactional matters for the first half of 2021, including:
- Court Square Capital Partners in connection with a number of transactions including the acquisition of Thrive, a leading provider of technology managed services, through a majority recapitalization with Court Square Capital Partners to reinforce its prominent market position.
- CVC Capital Partners as the lead investor in a consortium that is sponsoring the proposed combination of Worldwide Express, LLC and GlobalTranz Enterprises, LLC to create an industry leader with unique technology capabilities and market-leading solutions for the freight and parcel markets.
- GIC, the sovereign wealth fund of Singapore, in connection with a number of transactions including the entry into a definitive agreement to acquire (along with Stone Point Capital) Ascensus, a provider of retirement and savings accounts, from its current private equity owners, a deal exemplifies Dechert’s robust knowledge of the financial services M&A space.
- Nordic Capital in its sale of Itiviti, a leading provider of trading technology and services to financial institutions worldwide, to Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc., a global fintech leader, in a transaction valued at €2.143 billion. Dechert’s core team previously advised Nordic Capital and Itiviti on the acquisition of Ullink, an add-on acquisition to create a full-service technology and infrastructure provider.
- One Equity Partners in connection with a number of transactions including the acquisition of BRUSH Group, a leading independent provider of equipment, services and solutions for electrical power generation and distribution, a deal that involved a cross-border team from Dechert involving lawyers from its Brussels, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. offices.
The firm’s global private equity practice continues to grow, with the lateral hires of partners Soo-ah Nah in New York and Dominik Stühler in Munich, as well as the forthcoming additions of partners Mark Thompson and Sam Whittaker who are both joining the firm’s London office.
Mergermarket produces standard-setting industry insights and reports, and the publication’s “Global & Regional League Tables” report ranks firms based on transactional deal value in the tables’ respective geographies.
Dechert is a leading global law firm with 24 offices around the world. We advise on matters and transactions of the greatest complexity, bringing energy, creativity and efficient management of legal issues to deliver commercial and practical advice for clients.